intellectual property rights: This blogger firmly believes in intellectual and other property rights. Links have been given to the material including images and maps used from outside sources. The blogger requests pointing out any material that have escaped this policy.
Today: consumption kills eco-systems; fraud, greed, grand larceny and theft bring down world's finances; deceit, infidelity and instant gratification destroy families; murders and wars have left us without peace or stability. On top we have droughts, earthquakes, floods, storms, tsunamis … has the world gone mad! Submit now to Allah before it is too late - to the One and Only God, the Creator, Lord and Sustainer of the universe, Unique in His Person and Actions, without any blemish, weakness or relatives. Follow the Sunnah of Muhammad (the last Messenger and Prophet - upon whom be the peace and blessings of Allah), and join those who will be the really successful ones.

see end of page for buttoned useful links

Monday, March 02, 2009

The reason for suffering in this world

It is wonderful we haven't had more accidents and sufferings than we have had.

There is so much that could have gone wrong in my life.

And whatever has gone wrong, has also resulted in my betterment, and whatever hasn't, obviously was for the good.

alHamdulillah.

When the doctors told me I would go blind in six months, and I thought the world had ended for me, and I blamed Allah for shattering my dreams. Little did I know that my affliction would save me from being insufferably arrogant.


When PPL recalled me from the UK, and I had to give up my scholarship for returning, and I found they had no job for me, and that there were no jobs in the country, period. Little did I know that this was so that I could bring my mother and younger siblings to safety from a war-torn zone.

When I fell out with the management at ICI, little did I know that I was on the path to Hell. Had I stayed on, I would have become an infidel, and Allah was saving me from that fate.

When I was in Canada, looking for a new life, and finding it near impossible in the freezing cold in an economic downturn, little did I know that I was to be set back upon the path of Islam.

When my immediate and powerful boss made my life hell; when I had no supporters, little did I know that Allah was still protecting me and would provide for my needs, despite the efforts of all in the power elite who wanted me thrown out.

When I was denied promotion, year after, when my tasks on near completion were taken away from me and given to blue-eyed boys, little did I know that this was to keep me from the burden of higher responsibility, so that my load may be lighter in the Hereafter.

When people around me and I were not getting on well, and I felt miserable, little did I know that this was to correct the mistakes I have made, and to set me free from dependence on other humans, and to turn to Allah.

All these hardships were to bring me back to Allah (swt), His Prophet (saw), and His words - alQuran.

There are others who do not need such shakeups to come to Islam. There are others who suffer more before they realize the Truth. In my case, Allah set the medicine that was right for me. In every case, where there is a desire to escape Hellfire, however buried that desire may be in the heart, the medicine is just right for that person.

There is so much that can go wrong. All the many viruses and bacteria that are inside and around us, can wreck havoc with us.

A little change in the chemical balance inside us can make us mad, literally.

Just a small change in the chemical reaction that goes on in just one cell, can start the chain reaction that leads to cancer.

A stroke, an onset of Diabetes, a small infection that grows into pneumonia, ... there is so much that can go wrong.

We speak, we write, and our choice of words may be unwise. We may be feeling down, or we may be misunderstood. And that may hurt people, but somehow it is overlooked. Somehow it does not flare up into a war and broken relationships.

There is so much to be thankful for.

alhamdulillah

0 Comments: